Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Gratitude Attitude - Day 5


(28 days to an attitude of gratitude - learn more here)

Today I am ever so grateful for my teenage son. Yes, I am thankful for a teeager. ;)

He likes to challenge my patience and is a bit moody some days but he is an outstanding young man. He spends most of his time with the family, gets along well with everyone, respects (for the most part) our rules, and is very loving. He does not get into trouble and does well in school. When he has behavior hiccups or grades start slipping, we discuss the issues, figure out what can be changed and he works at improving the situation.

(He likes to pick on his siblings and frustrate his dad but what teen doesn't? And what the heck is up with teens needing so much sleep? Could it be the late night read-a-thons? Riding bikes, playing football and early morning school days? Or is it the freakish growth spurts?)

I am also grateful that I remember what it's like to be a teenager with mood swings, thinking you know everything and the pressures of school. With these memories comes the compassion necessary to properly handle any negative attitudes or behaviors that may arise. It also allows me to realize his need to grow in person, in freedom and in self-expression. I was very young when he was born and we have grown exponentially together. I am so proud of the young man he is becoming.

I am extremely grateful for my loving, talented, healthy, wonderful teenager.


Have a gratitude to post? picture? words? do share!

1 comment:

G-Pride Farm said...

As trying as our children can be, they will always be our babies, all their lives. It only gets better as they age. Enjoy and embrace this time, they grow so fast. Laura

Related Posts with Thumbnails