Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Gratitude Attitude - Day 25



(28 days to an attitude of gratitude - learn more here)

The weather today was chilly and full of drizzle. My bones and muscles fought me the entire day. I am typing this at around 10:30 pm on my way to bed. My throat is hurting and I am exhausted. I should know better than to stand outdoors for two hours in crummy weather tempting a fibro flare to rear it's ugly head. Today, the payoff was worth it.

I had an assignment to cover an archaeological dig in my area. Second born has dreams of becoming an archaeologist when he grows up so I asked for permission to bring him to the site and permission was granted. The men in charge of the dig were incredibly gracious, informative and just plain nice people.

After the dig my son and I traveled to the site of an old abandoned motel site. It consists of a main building and many small stand alone rooms that used to be for rent. It was abandoned many decades ago and is now a site of structural skeletons. It was fun to explore and imagine the stories of the property.

I am very grateful for an incredibly fun and educational day spent with my second born.

What are you grateful for today?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails