Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Through Your Eyes

Our eyes are a gift
used to look out at the world.
We see beauty, pain, promise.

There is window shopping
movie watching
site seeing
people watching.

So much time is spent looking out at the world before us.
What about what's in here?
(Tapping closed fist to chest)

What we don't see while looking out is ourselves.
How often do you look in the mirror?
I mean really, Really look?

Do you see yourself for who you are?
Do you see your life for what you have?
How often do you close your eyes and look within?


Gift yourself with some time today.
Time for self-reflection.
Time to look at yourself and see your beauty.
Now close your eyes and look deeper yet.
 
Do you see?

Beautiful, isn't it?!?!?!

8 comments:

Jaime said...

It's interesting how different our perceptions of ourselves can be, depending on our mood.
All I know, is when I am feeling gratitude, things look so much brighter from the inside. :)

Thank you for this post. Self kindness is something I am working on this year.

John said...

Great post Lynn, a very KNOWING post too!

Caroline said...

Oh my goodness...what a post! I never look in the mirror except when putting on make-up or washing my face. It's funny, I can take self portraits like they are going out of style...but staring into my own eyes scares the crap out of me. Hmmmm...maybe this is a message for me today.

Elena said...

Beautiful post! And is that you? You're so pretty! I never really 'look' in the mirror. And today when I looked up I saw a gray hair...in my eyebrow! What the?!! Hee hee! Beatiful deep post!

beth said...

i actually spend lots of time with "me"....i have to or otherwise we'd never get along like we do :)

rachel awes said...

lovely to see a glimpse of your beautiful face!
ohhhh...every blue moon, i inch in nearer to the mirror & actually look at my eyes, as if i really am looking mysteriously at my soul, to SEE...i love the idea of coupling this w/then closing them & seeing inside. brilliant.
xox

S.E.Minegar said...

I like your words. I only look in the mirror to see if I look okay, but then I guess I am not really checking in to see if I AM okay.

Great reminder to self reflect.

L.J. Lowe said...

Another lovely post. I try to look inside on a daily basis. I am forever remembering who I really am. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails