Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Faith Continued



 I did not choose this year's word.
It chose me.
Faith

At first I was scared.
That's how I roll.
Fear.

How am I to tackle a year of faith?
I don't even know if I have faith?
What does faith even mean?
Letting go of control?
I work hard to have the little control I have!

That's when I realized that faith is the opposite of fear
and I have always lived holding the hand of fear.
My challenge is to drop fear's hand and pick up the hand of faith.

Faith
is 
trust
letting go
dreaming
believing in something bigger than ourselves
 

We get one shot at life
We must choose how to spend it.
Live dying
or
die living.



Faith.
Yeah.
I could use a good dose of that.

I'll give you five reasons I am choosing to work at walking in faith.

Christmas Day Nature Hike 2012


Faith Quotes

Faith is not without worry or care, but faith is fear that has said a prayer.  ~Author Unknown

Faith is courage; it is creative while despair is always destructive.  ~David S. Muzzey

As your faith is strengthened you will find that there is no longer the need to have a sense of control, that things will flow as they will, and that you will flow with them, to your great delight and benefit.  ~Emmanuel

In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't.  ~Blaise Pascal

Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.  ~Author Unknown

Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death.  ~Author Unknown    

4 comments:

John said...

Excellent!

Laura said...

Awesome reasons lady...

Jan said...

I especially like that last quote. I also like your quote: "My challenge is to drop fear's hand and pick up the hand of faith."

beth said...

i think it's perfect....i really do !!
xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails