Monday, August 30, 2010

Air It Out

Oh Wow! What a weekend! A friend of mine rented a beautiful home on Lake Petenwell this past week. We were invited to stay with them and headed up for an extended weekend. The house was gorgeous. The natural setting absolutely soul cleansing.
Our master suite (yes, opposed to 'the other" master suite) was on first floor with huge windows and a stone patio looking out toward the lake. I would lie in bed after waking in the morning and take in my surroundings. Starting with the beautiful home, then turning my head upward toward the window above my head where I could watch the trees blowing in the breeze, leaves dancing in the sun beams. Turning my head to the side, I could see the lake view filtered through the curtains. As my feet hit the ground I stepped toward the massive windows, opened the curtains, then the door and stepped out on the patio to take in the sun, the wind, the leaves rustling, the waves crashing.
I took my mind, my body, my spirit, all out on that patio for a good airing out. Inhale, exhale, arms in the air, head thrown toward the heavens, inhale, exhale, smile, love, bliss.
aaaaaahhhh.....

What did you do this past weekend? Hope it was good ;)

our master suite

lying in bed, looking up, out the window

filtered morning view from bed

throwing back curtains & opening door

welcome to bliss!

aaaahh!

looking back at our little patio

peace!

6 comments:

aimee said...

that looks like pure delight! calm, beautiful, peaceful, just wonderful!

Courtney said...

I'm so glad you got to spend the weekend in this lovely place! It DOES look like bliss!

painted fish studio said...

heavenly! i so need a weekend like yours.

John said...

Beautiful house and location. Heaven is all around us, especially within!

Elena said...

Whoa! Simply divine! And your comment to my post made me laugh...

lori vliegen said...

ahhhhhh......you've found paradise!!! so glad you had some time to take deep breaths, relax, and be with those you love!!! xoxo, :))

Related Posts with Thumbnails