Thursday, August 18, 2011

Question... seeking answer.

Short on time.
Had to post.
Seeking answer.
This is the sunset I watched the other night.
Photo is untouched.
Straight out of the camera.

I was fascinated.
I have many other shots.
All the same.
What could have caused this?
Have you ever seen a sunset like this?
What is it called?

It is a mystery to me.


beth said...

i've heard it's called spectacular :)

Anonymous said...

They are Crepuscular rays (pronounced /krɪˈpʌskjələr/, also known as God Rays), in atmospheric optics, are rays of sunlight that appear to radiate from a single point in the sky. These rays, which stream through gaps in clouds or between other objects, are columns of sunlit air separated by darker cloud-shadowed regions. The name comes from their frequent occurrences during crepuscular hours (those around dawn and dusk), when the contrasts between light and dark are the most obvious.

nacherluver said...

Beth - :)

Anonymous - Thank you!

John said...

Stunning photograph,beautiful!

Jaime said...

I have never seen that before!
I have seen rays coming down from the sun high in the sky, through heavy cloud, but never upwards.
Great capture!

Related Posts with Thumbnails