Friday, April 15, 2011

I Choose

Today
my least favorite politician arrives to speak too close to home
my spring break travel plans have been replaced by paying down debt
the weather has turned cold, windy and snarly
but...
I choose to let the negatives go and focus on the positive
because...

Today
my husband sold his gnome carving


I am enjoying my children's imaginations during car rides
as they watch the light tadpoles (a term they coined)
dance across the van ceiling.


I am finishing a wonderful book about acceptance of a less than perfect home.
"A Perfectly Kept House is the Sign of A Misspent Life"  by Mary Randolph

I am remembering the Lego Duplo tower Baby and I built

to play peek-a-boo


Choosing the positive.
Doesn't that feel better?
Happy Friday to you!
May your weekend be full of positive moments.

4 comments:

John said...

It is a great gift to be able to seek out the joy in life when we appear to be surrounded by darkness. Great carving too, very talented man is Scott.

Beth HF said...

Oh-I think I need to find that book!!!
:)Beth

S.E.Minegar said...

i need that book too! and i should follow your advice on positive outlook. sometimes i can be such a downer, but i just need to stop and watch the light tadpoles!

:) happy weekend.

beth said...

i think i need that book :)
and snarly and wicked and just simply give me a freaking break, is what our weather is right now !

i think ms. palin got eaten alive yesterday from what i saw on tv......snort

Related Posts with Thumbnails