Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Makeshift Studio


It's been a busy couple of weeks with more busy to come.
End of school field trips/events/wrap-up multiplied by four (kids).
My oldest graduates High School which means P*A*R*T*Y!!!
Which means house maintenance, planning, mailing, cleaning, prepping, cooking, shopping....

What's a girl to do when she desperately needs, but cannot find time to relax and/or create?
Why, set up a makeshift studio/respite spot
out in the yard, of course!

A nice little spot for the family to hop in and take a quick nap,
paint a little picture, eat a snack, or do a little daydreaming!
Normally this is a play tent. Lately it's been "Recharge Central".

What are some creative ways you take breaks from the grind?


Recharge Central

5 comments:

John said...

Wow, great idea. Like the tent. Reminds me of the summer holidays when I was at school, putting the tent up in the back garden and reading my books!

Robin said...

Fantastic idea!! Takes me back to being a kid. Except my tents usually involve a blanket and my mom's clothesline! There's something so magical about little "hidey spaces"!

Jan said...

How often do you get to hide out in there? Great idea! Maybe I will put one up when the tribe comes to visit.

beth said...

how fun.....
i love our screened in porch....it's one place that awakens me when all else is determined to wear me down.....
and our new furniture arrived today....yeah !!

Glenn Stenson said...

I have been hanging out in my imaginary cabin on Paradise Pond.

Related Posts with Thumbnails