Thursday, September 30, 2010

Girl Power

To steal a line from Winnie the Pooh,
"Oh Bother".

I only have a few minutes to post
which is not enough time
to tell you about the amazing lunch I had yesterday, 
but I will try.

Yesterday was my first blog buddy meet-up IRL!
It was so exciting!
I wasn't sure what to expect. Should I be nervous?
Would we all recognize each other?
Would we have anything to talk about?

Beth, Juliette and I
met for lunch at La Brioche.
We found each other right away,
picked a seat outside (yay!)
and instantly started chatting away.

The conversation flowed easily
and I felt as if I was lunching with two old friends.
They are both such fun, talented and beautiful women.
It was a lovely, lovely day!

Beth is a gifted photographer
whose way with the written word is as 
stunning and moving as her photographs.
Juliette is a talented mixed media artist
with a fun and fresh style. 
She enjoys inspiring and helping others with their art
as much as she enjoys making her own.

Beth and Juliette are smart,
beautiful, talented and so much fun!
(did I already say that?)
I could have stayed for days.

I drove home refreshed, energized and giddy
as I was filled with Girl Power!!!
What a wonderful re-charge
with two amazing women.

A brilliant afternoon.
Thank you ladies!!!
So glad I met you.

Me, Beth, Juliette 
I was going to say something snarky about how I look, then I remembered yesterday's post!

7 comments:

painted fish studio said...

bloggy meet-ups are the best! i love how the internet has transformed the way we meet and make friends.

John said...

I can just see the movie, The Three Blogateers (sorry, I know that was awful, but it made me laugh). That is so good you were able to meet up, I hope you remembered to eat as well as chatting. I bet the fly on the wall had sore ears?

beth said...

thank you lynn....this is great !

but whoa, the praise you just gave me....well, take some of that for yourself !

it was so great to meet you and thank you for making the drive and fighting all of our crazy road construction.

i can tell you have a zest for life while trying to keep things light and real. i love that in a person !

thanks again and i hope to see you again soon !

nacherluver said...

OMG! The food! I was so wrapped up in conversation and comrade-re I forgot to mention the food. It was delish.

JoMo said...

What fun & a great idea. Awesome ladies :)
Cheers,
Jo

Courtney said...

Wonderful!! (and I'm glad you didn't say anything snarky about your beautiful self!!!!!!!!!!)
xoxxoo

Juliette Crane said...

so sweet! thank you! and it was so lovely to meet you too! i just put Under the Tuscan Sun on my netflix cue :)

xo, juliette

Related Posts with Thumbnails