Thursday, March 25, 2010

Temper Tantrum


Aaaaahhhh........!!!!!
That feels soooo much better!

Threw myself a little temper tantrum.
Nothing nasty or violent,
just a healthy shredding of paper
to make my head feel straight
and my heart feel better.

I have always wanted to create cards.
Recently I had some prints made
specifically to put on card stock
to create cards I could sell in my Etsy Shop.

I painstakingly trimmed each photo to size.
Carefully applied adhesive to every stinkin' millimeter of each photo
and ever so carefully applied the photos to the card stock.
I placed the cards under heavy weight books to keep flat while drying.

Yesterday I retrieved the cards to find
every stinkin' envelope warped and stuck
to it's corresponding photo card.
Aaack!!!

*note to self and all reading - do not use moist glue to adhere pictures to card stock

I am going to re-order more photos
re-print more pictures
purchase an entirely different form of adhesive
and I will be on my way
to card production once again.

Life's hard when you live it self-taught!

p.s. I'm thinking of this adhesive for my next try. What do you think? ;)

3 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

trial and error is all too familiar around here and i'm always amazed at just how many mistakes there are to learn from. i have had great success using "yes glue" for paper projects. it's more like a paste and it's used for bookbinding in stuff. that said, a temper tantrum every now and then can be liberating, no?

beth

nacherluver said...

Yes! Absolutely! Just a therapeutic ripping and shredding with a big release breath that goes something like this.... "Aaaahhh!"
It was definitely more of a healthy release than an ugly scene :)
Allowed me to let it go and move on.
Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone!

Life Potentials Network said...

Oh boy, I am also completely self taught! AND I have used an adhesive like this for photos and it has worked well. Good luck and i look forward to your creative work! By the way, throwing a tantrum can clear the way for amazing creativity!

Related Posts with Thumbnails