Thursday, February 9, 2012

Spoons



Do you (or someone you know) suffer from a debilitating condition?
Do you (or someone you know) suffer from chronic pain?
I have a story to share with you.
You'll have to follow the link as I did not request permission to post and it is copyright protected.
Go ahead. Take the time. It's worth it.
I'll be here when you get back.





Great! You're back!

That story was shared with me by a wonderful online friend.
She knows I suffer from fibromyalgia and knows I have good days and bad.
My initial reaction to the story was, "Wow! I'm not alone. Someone gets it!"
I felt relief and understanding.
The story has stuck with me. I have shared it with many people.
It has given me a new way to look at my condition and my life.
It has taught me to take care of myself and pay attention
to the amount of energy I use and how I dish it out.
More recently, it has inspired me to make a new piece of art.



After finishing the piece and finding pleasure and satisfaction in it,
I have decided to do a "Spoon Series".

More to come...


4 comments:

Mommy Emily said...

wow, this is really cool, friend! love it... e.

John said...

Wow! What a great story and it does put things in perspective. Great art work, I really like it.

May you have an endless supply of spoons, glistening, functional and like new!

Jess said...

Wow, your friend's story is powerful!

Courtney said...

This is an awesome post- I shared the spoon story too and I LOVE the art that it's inspired in you! Can't wait to see the rest of the series. Thanks for this, mama! So good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails