Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Welcome To My Happy Mess

Life's been kicking my butt lately and boy am I sore!
I can't seem to keep up with all that is thrown my way.

I'm usually pretty good at rolling with the punches
and accepting my crazy, busy life.
I know some day the kids will grow and move
and I will miss the mess that currently nags at me.
Days will be less hectic and more quiet
and I will miss the noise, the chatter, the artwork on the floor
and wonder what to do with myself.

But sometimes
I feel overwhelmed.
Not enough hours in the day.
A friend stops by unexpectedly and my house is a disaster.
I have to take Child A to one place,
Child B needs help with homework,
Child C is crying and needs my attention NOW!
And child D, where is child D?
There he is. Waiting patiently in his room for me to read a book.
I said, "Wait one minute." (I fear that was a half hour ago).

I still have laundry to fold, dishes to wash and homework to deal with.
It's bed time.
Maybe I'll feel a little better if I can just get the table wiped down.
Hey! What's this?

Why, it's a happy little mess!
Here to remind me why I do it all
and how very worth it every moment is.

I just love my kids!!!!!

While wiping down the table I spotted this happy little mess of crumbs hanging out among the other crumbs and sticky goo. I called the kids in and said, "Hey guys! Look at this happy little mess!!!" and we all had a good laugh.

3 comments:

*mary* said...

That is so cute! And by the way, I have one child but I cannot keep up with everything. Violet, school, house. Really, that is the order of importance for me. I am trying to make peace with clutter.

Courtney said...

Sweet! I love the signs that jump in our way!

Juliette Crane said...

that's adorable! thank you for making me smile :) i just adore your blog and can't wait to stop back again and read more.

best wishes to you!
juliette

Related Posts with Thumbnails