Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It's Time

I am outing my studio today in the hopes that public humiliation will be the motivation I need to get control of the situation. Quite a few years ago my darling husband helped set up a small studio space in the basement for me. I was generously offered a corner all to myself.

Problem with that?
The one space I am gifted for me and me alone is in the same room as the washer, dryer, furnace, holiday and clothing storage, water softener, seed starting table etc...

To make matters worse, a few years ago darling husband also decided to finish the basement to give us much needed living space. Bravo! Woo hoo!!! Boy did we need that!

In the process of finishing the basement, I lost my studio. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING that was stored in the previously concrete basement was now stockpiled into my studio/laundry/storage room.

Two years later, the majority of "stuff" has been removed. It is still the overflow room, it still has remnants of "the move" and it is still in complete disarray. Looking at the photos I have taken really opens my eyes to why I'm so darned unproductive and non-creative. It's overwhelming! It's also in the basement so the problem tends to be out-of-sight-out-0f-mind (unless, of course, I'm doing laundry in which case I'm obviously already busy doing something and don't have time to deal with it).

Whew! Okay. Here is my corner... (don't worry, I won't assault you with the rest of the room. that would be confusion overload!)





Now for two positive notes...
1. Today is my C-man's 9th birthday. Happy B-day!!!!
2. One of my fellow bloggers is having a sweet give-a-way (which ends today so hurry over!)

2 comments:

*mary* said...

You would flip out if you saw our huge unfinished basement. It's like a horror movie set that a person from Hoarders moved into. Haha. Really.

And yes, you may need a little organizing, but have you ever seen Albert Einstein's desk? Sometimes neatness is overrated!

Happy b-day to your 9 year old baby! Hope he has a great one!

Unknown said...

Well, it was nice that your husband gave you you own space.
I bet he didnt mean to take it away.
Sometimes we just dont think it through.

Related Posts with Thumbnails