Saturday, August 17, 2013

I am



I am...
rethinking
regenerating
regrouping
realizing
recognizing
readying myself.

I am a butterfly with angel dust on my wings. I am praying and protected. I am learning to look through the smoke. Directly at the fire. I spread and flap and hold my breath as I beat my wings and get stronger and stronger until I rise over that fire leaving all the dust and filth and ash behind. Until all I see ahead of me are blue skies and fields of wildflowers. As I uncurl my legs I release all that I hold dear and watch it frolicking free. Carried to safety. By me. My strength. Strength. Gained from God. From all that is good.

4 comments:

Jan said...

I hope you are okay. I don't know what is going on in your life other than some tough times. Take care and know that this too shall pass.

Jennifer Richardson said...

frolic free, dear butterfly:)
I love the sweetness that is settling in
while you rest those lovely wings,
Jennifer

John said...

Great post Nacherluver, fly free always.

Elena said...

I'm sorry I missed this. Want to tell me again how you can't write? ;) I've enjoyed watching your wings unfurl. Keep flying sweets.

Related Posts with Thumbnails